Saturday 11 June 2016

Mundo de unas stamping polish swatches and review

Mundo de Unas stamping polish swatches & Review


When I first  began nail art a few months ago, I was looking for an alternative to konad white stamping polish, as it was always out of stock on Indian online websites. I was trying to find another good white stamping polish. So I went through reading several blogs, hoping to find a good alternative when suddenly my eyes fell on swatches of different stamping polish brands of the same color swatched and one particular brand MDU stood much opaque in comparison with its other counterparts, I did more research and came to know it is from a Mexican brand called Mundo De Unas pronounced as "mundh dhaay oonay" not mundo day oonas :-)  yes that's how I pronounced too at first :-) :-).

  ‌Well though it really stood out to me, it looked unreachable to me at that point, as I did not know how to get it, and I was not sure if they were affordable enough, if so how to buy them etc.  I logged into their website to understand  more, I was taken by surprise to see so many stamping polish colors listed, and they were all so unique. I felt overwhelmed with the choice and I did not know what to choose. I started to desire them even more now, I wanted to own them all. I even went a head and added few of their shades in the cart and tried to find out shipping rates, but I was too scared and confused what if the bottles break during transit, what if I never get my parcel, what would be the customs regulations, with all these questions in my mind, I was not ready to order them yet, until recently I mustered enough courage to order them online.So that was that and I continued my hunt and found few other polishes that worked, but my heart was still with MDU and hoped to own it someday.

After so many months of waiting it out ,I finally decided to jump in. Now I feel the limitations were in my own mind, I kept struggling for good quality stamping and was spending more anyways and not getting the results I had wanted. Gosh!! why didn't I order this before ?.

  ‌Enough of personal saga now let us move on to the actual review.

 I ordered 6 of their mini stamping polishes. Yes they do have a mini too, which I did not know until recently .They sell in two sizes 14 ml and 5ml bottles respectively. Prices and shipping vary accordingly.  I choose mini bottles as it was more affordable with shipping, and I could also buy more shades. Their webpage also has clear pictures of each stamping polish names and swatches of how they would look like on both white and black base shades. This helps you to choose the shade you want easily.  It took 30 Days to receive my order, it was shipped the very next day, I did not know that since my shipping emails from elmundo reached my spam folder directly, and I was stalking Sylvia Zambrano on every social media to get my shipping info, but she was so patient and always respond quickly. So, it is always good to check your spam folders first. My tracking also had no data after the initial shipping info, so I was blind to what was happening with my order, but mine came in tact neatly packed with a beautiful thank you card from Sylvia :-).




What surprised me was I had only one tracking info when my item was shipped and I knew my items were in transit, but none after that so I had no clue where my parcel was, but during day 30 and 31 I had some info that they reached India and there it was at my doorstep just couple of days later. ‌So if you are vacationing or just not in you address for some reason, Please do not rely on tracking data alone,  like mine suddenly it might knock on your door. Thankfully these are registered posts and post men/women will have to hand over it to you after you sign their slip.

 ‌Bottle Size comparison. ‌How mini is the MDU mini's.?

Now coming to the mini bottles how mini are they really. See below pic comparison with konad stamping polish (small - 5ml). The konad bottle looks bigger but, they are both 5 ml each.



They are very small sized but very cute bottles, but good news is you only need a little bit, they are so concentrated like and spread well so a little goes a long way, if you try using it like your other polishes you risk smooshing your images when you pick up.  I also heard that mdu polishes take time to dry, in my personal experience you definitely need not work with lightening speed with these polishes you do have a tiny bit of time lag with drying time but not so much in a tropical weather like mine Chennai summer can dry almost anything, yes MDU's too :-). I also read in a blog that you need to work with MDUs in a well ventilated area, but I found no unpleasant odour whatsoever.
  
Swatches of the shades
I just wanted to show how these shades look on both black and white background so I really did not bother about the design as much for showing the opacity. So I did quick swatches directly on my nail art mat. Alternatively the bottle themselves have a black and white comparison sticker to swatch on. Also, you can find the name and number of the shade on the bottom of the bottle. So they are all in one place for you.



 

Price/Cost

The bigger bottles 14 ml currently retail at their site for $3.50 currently approx.Rs.235 INR and $1.65 for the minis approx.Rs.110 INR. The cost is same for different shades unlike Konad where some shades are sold at a higher price, here pick any shade for the same price. Now before you get too excited, kindly note that I have not included the shipping charges here, and with dollar fluctuation the cost can vary at different times and may be high or low, it all depends on when you are buying. 

There is no minimum quantity for purchase. you can buy 1 or more but all of the orders have shipping charges. There is no flat rate shipping,the shipping charges increase proportionately to the quantity.  The more number of bottles you buy, the more shipping charges you pay. That apart,you can also additionally purchase insurance from MDU to secure your order, If you fear the risk of loosing package or bottles being broken and it only makes sense to buy them if you order more number of bottles.

  Please do not forget to go through their FAQ section and their Payment and shipping policy before you place your order. http://www.mundodeunas.com/#!faq/c24vq

You also have our own local sellers who can order them for you. Since you order in a group you share the shipping cost and the risk and there are many sellers on Instagram who will pre-order them for you at a reasonable cost. You go ahead a
nd do your research. 

 

Overall experience

I only felt why I did not try them earlier, they are so opaque that you can even stamp on a similar color and they would still show up beautifully. For all you  girls and ladies out there please do give them a try if you have not done so at least once, you will know what I am talking about. Will continue to update this page when I purchase more shades.

Please leave your questions and comments below. Do follow my facebook and instagram  page.
Facebook page Nimmi's nail art ink https://www.facebook.com/nailzart/ 
Instagram: Nirmala_Venkat 

No comments:

Post a Comment